Home > Uncategorized > NATO Air Strike Kills Afghan Mother And Children

NATO Air Strike Kills Afghan Mother And Children

Kuwait News Agency
April 16, 2014

ISLAMABAD: At least two children and a woman were killed when a NATO helicopter mistakenly bombed a house in the Nader Shah Kot district of southeastern Khost province of Afghanistan, said officials on Tuesday.

The spokesman for governor, Mubarez Zadran calling it a mistake told media that the incident took place in Mirkori area on Monday night.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in a statement confirmed alleged civilian casualties in Khost.

The statement said, “We are aware of reports regarding alleged civilian casualties in Khost province. We are looking into these allegations. ISAF takes all allegations of civilian casualties seriously.” The spokesman for governor said that two children and a woman had been killed and a fourth person injured in the incident. Soon after the incident police reached the scene and launched their investigation, he added. Earlier on March 6, a NATO air strike killed at least five Afghan National Army (ANA) soldiers and wounded eight others in eastern Logar province of Afghanistan.

==============================================================

Pajhwok Afghan News
April 15, 2014

Mother killed with 2 children in Khost airstrike
By Mohammad Haroon

KHOST CITY: A mother and her two children were killed and her spouse injured during an overnight NATO airstrike in the Nader Shah Kot district of southeastern Khost province, the Presidential Palace said on Tuesday.

The incident took place in Mirkori area on Monday night, said the Khost governor’s spokesman, Mubarez Zadran, who called it a mistake. He said a NATO helicopter on a drill accidently hit a house.

International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in a statement said: “We are aware of reports regarding alleged civilian casualties in Khost and are looking into these allegations.”

Zadran told Pajhwok Afghan News two children and a woman had been killed and a fourth person injured in the incident. Soon after the incident, he said, police reached the scene and launched their investigation.
But Agha Jan Tawkali, administrative chief of Nadir Shah Kot district, told Pajhwok Afghan News the attack took place in a mountain side not on a house. He said villagers were collecting firewood in the mountain when foreign troops fired at them from the air.

While police chief Brig. Gen. Faizullah Ghairat said it was not an airstrike, but an artillery fire that hit the mountain. He said two person had died in the incident.

Meanwhile, President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned the overnight NATO airstrike that his office said killed three civilians.

A statement issued from the Presidential Palace said a woman and her two children were killed and her spouse wounded in the airstrike.

President Karzai said the attack once again violated agreements between the United States and Afghanistan.

Following the incident, President Karzai telephoned Khost Governor Abdul Jabar Naeemi and directed him to investigate the incident thoroughly.

Karzai extended his sympathies to the bereaved family and wished speedy recovery of the wounded person.

The deaths come at a time when the presidential election and the security agreement between Kabul and Washington are yet to be decided.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. rosemerry
    April 16, 2014 at 2:22 pm

    Don’t pretend to care, when three americans, even if not Jews, were killed in the USA by a nonMuslim, and that is the news Mercans follow.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: