Home > Uncategorized > Five Years Later: South Ossetia Doesn’t Rule Out New Georgian Aggression

Five Years Later: South Ossetia Doesn’t Rule Out New Georgian Aggression

Republic News Agency
August 7, 2013

South Ossetia does not exclude further military provocations of Georgia

imagesCAYKFHQ4

South Ossetian President Leonid Tibilov does not exclude further military provocations from the Georgian side, declared the head of state at today`s press conference in Tskhinval.
According to him, Georgia continues to build up its military capability and strengthen its armed forces.

“This is similar to the situation before the invasion of Georgia in South Ossetia in August 2008. Therefore, we must be vigilant, we should follow the developments in the neighboring country and be ready for all emergencies, ” said the president.

He said that the accession to power by the new political forces in Georgia and the changed rhetoric of Tbilisi cannot be regarded as a change of the Georgian policy.

“People who are now in power in Georgia were living there five years ago and then no one condemned the actions of the leadership of the country”, said Tibilov.

————————————————————————————————————–
Republic News Agency
August 7, 2013

Leonid Tibilov: The genocide of the Ossetian people should be recognized by the world community

underground-hospital-in-tskhinvali

The international community should recognize the genocide of the Ossetian people, otherwise the repetition of the scenario in August 2008 is not excluded, said South Ossetian President Leonid Tibilov at a briefing in Tskhinval.

According to the president, the Foreign Ministry of South Ossetia is actively working to bring the matter before the international community.

“The people of South Ossetia since the 20s of the last century several times experienced genocide committed by Georgia. Over the past 20 years, Georgia has three times unleashed war against South Ossetia, so we have every right to bring the issue to recognize the genocide committed by Georgia and Saakashvili’s regime, in particular, to the international community,” said Tibilov.

Tibilov reminded that the political and legal assessment of the actions of Georgia in 1920 and 1989-1990, had already been given by the Parliament of South Ossetia.

Leonid Tibilov also said that the decision to launch an operation to force Georgia to peace, made by the leadership of Russia in 2008, was the only true and necessary for the Ossetian people.

“These solutions have saved the people of South Ossetia from complete destruction,” said the head of state.

He also spoke about his activities in the Joint Control Commission, on the actions that its members had made for a peaceful settlement of the Georgian-Ossetian conflict.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: