Home > Uncategorized > NATO Loses Seven Soldiers In Afghan Attacks

NATO Loses Seven Soldiers In Afghan Attacks

Pajhwok Afghan News
May 4, 2013

ISAF loses 7 troops to explosion, insider attack
By Mohammad Younus Naseh

images

KABUL: The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) lost seven service members in two separate attacks in Afghanistan on Saturday – a deadly day for the foreign troops.

Five US troops were killed in a roadside bombing in the Maiwand district of southern Kandahar province, the governor’s office said. The NATO-led force and the US military also verified the explosion.

Another two ISAF troops were killed when an Afghan National Army (ANA) soldier turned his weapon on them in western Afghanistan. “The incident is currently under investigation,” the alliance said, without giving further details.

In 2012, the increasing green-on-blue assaults accounted for about 15 percent of coalition deaths – estimated at more than 60. There has been a steady increase in NATO-led soldiers’ casualties since the start Taliban’s summer offensive last week.

According to the website http://icasualties.org, which tracks coalition casualties in Afghanistan and Iraq, so far 47 NATO soldiers, including 33 Americans, have been killed in Afghanistan this year. Last year, 405 foreign troops were killed in the country.

Categories: Uncategorized
  1. rosemerry
    May 5, 2013 at 7:02 am

    They would be in more danger in the Homeland, with murders, suicides, industrial accidents, environmental hazards, frankenfoods and for women, laws giving human rights to embryos but not their surrounding bodies.

    Like

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: